Goal Overview: In 2008 Shoreline voters supported the Sound Transit 2 funding package by 61%. Our community looks forward to increasing mobility options and reducing environmental impacts through light rail service. Sound Transit estimates the light rail extension from Northgate to Lynnwood to be $1.4-1.6 billion, which includes investment in two stations in Shoreline, which are planned to open in 2023. Engaging our community on how this effort benefits Shoreline and the greater region needs to start now.
- Adopt phase 1 of the subarea plans (boundary maps) for the two light rail station areas
- Participate as a Cooperating Agency in Sound Transit’s environmental process by providing early and continuous input into the development of the environmental impact statement (EIS)
- Work with Sound Transit to evaluate the redevelopment potential of large parcels in the light rail station areas
- Engage the community in an education and outreach plan to help residents and businesses prepare for the addition of new light rail stations and service
- Develop a multi-modal transportation strategy to deliver people to the future light rail stations, as an alternative to single occupancy vehicles
For more information about Shoreline's station area planning, please visit the Light Rail project page.
Planning and Community Development Director