Goal Overview: Shoreline voters approved Proposition No. 1 in November 2010, which helped to maintain essential service levels through 2016. Whether or not Proposition No. 1 is renewed in 2016, it is vital to attract investment in Shoreline businesses and neighborhoods to enhance our economy and property values. Investment will strengthen our tax base while providing our residents with greater housing choices, local employment, retail opportunities, and lifestyle amenities.
- Adopt and implement a Community Renewal Plan for Aurora Square
- Implement efforts to make the permit process predictable, timely and competitive including the implementation of a new permit software system
- Develop a 10-year Financial Sustainability Plan to achieve sufficient fiscal capacity to fund and maintain priority public services, facilities, and infrastructure
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote Shoreline as a progressive and desirable community for new residents, investors, and businesses
- Support local businesses through implementation of the business mini-grant program, promotion efforts such as grand openings, and by evaluating the competitiveness of regulations
- Collaborate with the Shoreline Community College to launch the Shoreline Film Office
Economic Development Manager