Goal Overview: The Council values an open, transparent, and responsive government. And the City believes that the best decisions are informed by the perspectives and talents of our residents. Community involvement is vital, and finding effective ways to engage all segments of our community is key to shaping our future.
- Communicate and provide opportunities for public input on key policies and initiatives, including light rail station planning, safe community initiatives, the Point Wells Transportation Corridor Study, and other City projects
- Continue to support neighborhood associations and volunteer initiatives and to host community forums and workshops
- Develop a workplan to make more documents available online and to improve the website’s ease of use
- Advance public engagement with implementation of the City’s e311 system, online town hall forums, online service requests, survey tools and social media platforms
- Enhance the City’s crime prevention and safe community communication programs including implementation of an E-Alert system and expanding the City’s Neighborhood Block Watch Program
Assistant City Manager