Our residents, with established pride in their schools, incorporated August 1995, to have a local voice in government. They expected enhanced safety, a revitalized parks system, improvement of public works infrastructure, and local taxes going to local projects. The Shoreline City Council responded by governing to improve the quality of life for our community.
We, the employees of the City of Shoreline, are dedicated to providing exceptional public service in fulfilling the community vision and Council goals with integrity and pride.
Above all else, our focus is customer service through:
Raising the bar!
Making the difference!
Getting it done!
- Teamwork: Work together with trust and accountability to achieve a common goal
- Innovation: Explore new ideas and implement creative solutions
- Organization-Wide Perspective: Know our efforts contribute to the overall success of the City
- Community Involvement: Encourage communications and participation
- Integrity: Our actions are guided by ethical and honest behavior
- Diversity: Appreciate our differences and value our unique perspective
- Respect: Treat everyone with consideration and dignity
- Personal and Professional Development: Promote and support opportunities for continued growth
- Sustainability: Exemplify and encourage sustainable practices in our operations and our community
- Excellence: Expect the best from yourself and others
- Responsiveness: Acknowledge our customers and provide timely service
- Personalized Service: Listen and respond to our customer’s concerns
- Problem Solving: Find solutions and make improvements
- Two-Way Communication: Open exchange of information and ideas to achieve a common goal
- Responsible Stewardship: Accountable management of the City’s resources
- Celebration of Successes: Recognize achievements
- Mutual Support: Help each other to achieve success
- Fair Process: Provide consistent and impartial service